Flying Sites - Lakeview
Black Cap, OR
Sugar Hill, CA
Sweet and Low, CA
- Launch: (41.8285,-120.3465) @ 5650' MSL
- Weather at launch: current conditions + 5-day forecast, forecast area,
- Live weather:
- Aeronautical chart: SkyVector
- Official page:
- Requirements: Unregulated. H3, H2 w/ instructor recommended.
- See also:
- Notes: 4x4 required. XC site. Ridge soar until you catch a thermal, bench up Sugar Hill and go over the back. Beware hostile landowners if you have to land in the bailout.
The "Weather:" links for each site are based on latitudinal and
longitudinal coordinates of the launch.
The National Weather Service generates forcasts for a large number of
retangular-shaped "forecast areas" place in a grid all over the US.
The size of these areas is 2.5-by-2.5 km.